Re: ImportError: No module named libvirt

So,let's make a recap of what I've experimented :

1) if I make the installation of virt-manager using pkgin virt-manager I see the error :

netbsd-marietto# virt-manager
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 386, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 247, in main
     from virtManager import cli
   File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virtManager/cli.py", line 29, in <module>
     import libvirt
  ImportError: No module named libvirt

2) and if I go under the folder /usr/pkgsrc/wip/virt-manager and I do a make I get the following error :

=> Automatic manual page handling
=> Generating post-install file lists
pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/pkgsrc/wip/libosinfo/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/share/vala/vapi/libosinfo-1.0.vapi'
=> Checking file-check results for libosinfo-1.2.0
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/libosinfo/work/.destdir/usr/pkg:
ERROR:         /usr/pkgsrc/wip/libosinfo/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/share/vala/vapi/libosinfo-1.0.vapi

Il giorno mar 14 set 2021 alle ore 14:40 Mario Marietto <marietto2008%gmail.com@localhost> ha scritto:
Can u write here the commands that you have issued,please ?

Il giorno mar 14 set 2021 alle ore 13:50 Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> ha scritto:
On Tue, 14 Sept 2021 at 06:38, Mario Marietto <marietto2008%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I've gone into the folder /usr/pkgsrc/wip/py-libvirt and I've issued the command "make" and the package has been compiled successfully. At this point it asked me if I wanted to remove the old version of the libvirt package that I'd installed before AND the package virt-manager. I tried to remove only the old libvirt package but I couldn't. I've been forced to remove both,but later I 've reinstalled virt-manager. At this point I've launched virt-manager,but it didn't work :
>
> netbsd-marietto# virt-manager
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 386, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 247, in main
>     from virtManager import cli
>   File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virtManager/cli.py", line 29, in <module>
>     import libvirt
> ImportError: No module named libvirt
>
> My initial goal was to make work virt-manager,but it seems that even installing libvirt 5.8 and py-libvirt that error can't be fixed.

I built wip/virt-manager with all the dependencies (on current pkgsrc
and wip) without any problems; I can start it; after I have enabled
and started the libvirtd daemon, it creates all the necessary tree
structure under /var/run/libvirt, but when I try to connect to it with
virt-manager (as a normal user) I get access error to the sockets
created; if I open the files under that directory, it goes further and
complains that it cannot authenticate the caller.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line
956, in _do_open
    self._backend.open(connectauth.creds_dialog, self)
  File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virtinst/connection.py", line 172, in open
    conn = libvirt.openAuth(self._open_uri,
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python3.9/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 104, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: Client socket identity not available: Function
not implemented

Perhaps I am doing something wrong; I also tried to connect to my
XCP-NG host, as there is XEN an option, but it expects libvirtd to be
running there, which it is not.

--
----

--