Re: ImportError: No module named libvirt

I've gone into the folder /usr/pkgsrc/wip/py-libvirt and I've issued the command "make" and the package has been compiled successfully. At this point it asked me if I wanted to remove the old version of the libvirt package that I'd installed before AND the package virt-manager. I tried to remove only the old libvirt package but I couldn't. I've been forced to remove both,but later I 've reinstalled virt-manager. At this point I've launched virt-manager,but it didn't work :

netbsd-marietto# virt-manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 386, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 247, in main
    from virtManager import cli
  File "/usr/pkg/share/virt-manager/virtManager/cli.py", line 29, in <module>
    import libvirt
ImportError: No module named libvirt

My initial goal was to make work virt-manager,but it seems that even installing libvirt 5.8 and py-libvirt that error can't be fixed.

Il giorno lun 13 set 2021 alle ore 06:55 Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> ha scritto:

13.09.2021 00:56:16 Mario Marietto <marietto2008%gmail.com@localhost>:
> Hello.
>
> ok. I've renamed the folder called "pkgsrc-wip" in "wip" and I've copied it into /usr/pkg and I've used the paths below inside the Makefile file :

I'm sorry, I made a typo in my last mail, so let me try again.

To use pkgsrc and pkgsrc-wip, it is not necessary to edit any files, especially not Makefiles. The basic steps are:

1. Get main pkgsrc, extract it to /usr/pkgsrc
2. Get pkgsrc-wip, extract it to /usr/pkgsrc/wip

(My typo was that I wrote pkg instead of pkgsrc.)

Now you are ready to go.

--
Mario.