Re: rust vs rust-bin

Bob Bernstein <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>> Given that you are on current, probably you should pkg_delete openssl.
>
> I half-expected pkg_delete to protest vigorously about dependencies
> when I asked it to remove openssl, but of course THERE WERE NONE.
>
> So there was another memo I didn't get, i.e. that we had put openssl
> into userland. Oh well.

It has been in base for a really long time.  As an old lib on one of my
systems:

-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  190510 Mar 18  2002 /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0

(BTW, your mail server (fanatick.org) is doing spam filtering
incorrectly and I'm getting bounces.  Please check logs for rejected
messages from me and fix.  Would write privately, but.....)