Re: rust vs rust-bin

From bob%fanatick.org@localhost Sat Jun 27 08:47:44 2020
From: Bob Bernstein <bob%fanatick.org@localhost>
To: Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>
Cc: pkgsrc-users <pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Subject: Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 08:47:44

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020, Greg Troxel wrote:

Given that you are on current, probably you should pkg_delete openssl.

Bingo. We have rust lift-off!

Out of haste I failed to increment my mklog filename and so lost the opportunity to memorialize this line as it scrolled up the monitor near the end of the rust build:

         Rust is ready to roll.

Thanks all and of course thanks Greg!

(Now I have another fish to fry here, but I will do that in a new thread. Oh...stop with the groans! <g>)

--
 A test of right and wrong must be the means, one would
 think, of ascertaining what is right or wrong, and not a

                               J. S. Mill