Re: Is *anyone* using pkgsrc on IRIX?

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 08:50:26PM +0100, Sevan Janiyan wrote:
> HP-UX (on hppa at least) has the problem that support in GCC was dropped
> 4.x so we have another hurdle when it comes to needing newer compilers.

AFAIK the primary architecture for HP-UX is itanium these days, which has
limited life left itself.

Even for itanium, gcc availability might not promising.
This appears to be the most recent binary available:
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/gcc-4.2.3/

I wonder how much real world software can be built with the HP compiler
(I suspect "not much", unless it's going out of its way to be portable).