Re: Firefox and the broken about:login, a temporary workaround

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 at 03:13, <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 12:36:35AM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> >

> > On 12/04/2020 17:14, Rhialto wrote:
> > > New developments :)
> > >
> > > In www/firefox/patches/patch-browser_app_profile_firefox.js I find
> > >
> > > +// Disable multiprocess window support. Workaround for PR 53273.
> > > +pref("browser.tabs.remote.autostart", false);
> > >

> > > I still had to disable webGL to visit google maps, but that is a
> > > separate matter.
> > >
> > That fixed it for me as well on 9.0. I also got back webgl functionality in
> > 75 which was lost for me in 74 (working in 73) but as you have pointed out
> > before that's something to do with support for your hardware being broken.

I just built firefox-75.0nb1, WebGL is still broken for me; works fine
up until 73.0.1; works also on firefox-esr.

> > :(
> > > I don't know if the setting that is done above can be made dependent on
> > > the OS version. That would probably help.
> > >
> > Would be nice but for now I've got an override in my profile preferences.
> >
> > Mikr
>
> for people who have webgl issues, what GPU and pkg_info output please?

f I uninstall firefox-75 and reinstall 73.0.1, it works again in the
same set of packages and hardware - in my case on bare metal it is
Intel 530; exactly the same problem happens under VirtualBox though.

I can post pkg_info, but is 2464 lines... a bit too much for a mailing list.

> I keep aggressively fighting firefox to re-enable it.

Thanks.

--
----