Re: Failure to build current pkgsrc - gobject-introspection

Hi,

John D. Baker wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>
>> glib2 was actually up to date (checked first) ... but this helped
> Yes, glib2 may be up to date--even recently rebuilt/replaced but something
> upsets it in the manner we've seen and rebuilding it (again) puts things
> right.
>
> Even more confusing is that the failure is reported to be in gcc or a
> component thereof (cpp) yet rebuilding glib2 fixes it.

exactly, very confusiong - at first I thought the latest toolchain of
9.9.52 wasn't stable!
Luckily just an "inconvenience" of automatic upgrading with no apparent
things out of date.

Could it be some subtle change in the system headers or dependency on
updated system libraries? Or does such an issue arise also without
updating NetBSD tools and userland itself?

Riccardo