Re: gvfs, samba

On 13/03/2020 21:42, Mike Pumford wrote:

Samba 4.11.7 is the current stable release of samba. So it seems like dropping samba3 is reasonable. Its not an entirely pain free migration from samba 3 to 4 but I've not yet found anthing you can't do and I've used it as both a standalone server and as part of an active directory domain.

Actually I got that slightly wrong. According to https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning
4.13 is dev branch
4.12.x is the current stable branch
4.11.x is maintenance only (so bugfixes and security patches)
4.10.x is security fixes only.
3.6.x was declared obsolete in March 2015

Mike