Re: Problem building on LinuxMint (Ubuntu)

* On 2017-05-04 at 13:27 BST, Robert Nestor wrote:

> Not sure I understand your comment “need to use bmake when bootstrapping”.  Does the bootstrap script try to use bmake to bootstrap and thus my installation procedure needs to install bmake BEFORE i do the bootstrap?  Since bmake isn’t included in the LinuxMint/Ubuntu base system after I install it any place it will be used should always get the same copy.

No, I meant that when you are using bootstrap (as opposed to using the
native make on NetBSD) then you need to use bmake.  It was in response
to your "Linux make doesn't work" comment.  No make other than the one
you have bootstrapped will work for building packages.

> Anyway, I cleaned out all the work directories and tried building again.  Here’s the complete log file, but I’m not sure it contains any other error messages.  If it does I missed them when I scanned the file.

There's something seriously wrong, as the entire build step is being
skipped:

  ===> Building for cwrappers-20170112
  => Unwrapping files-to-be-installed.

There should be the build of the cwrappers software in between those
two lines.

Not sure what's causing that.  Bad timestamps?  Something toxic in
your environment that conflicts with pkgsrc, e.g. BUILD_DIRS?  Try in
a clean environment, e.g.

  $ env -i bash --norc --noprofile
  $ PATH=/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/pkg/bin:$PATH
  $ cd pkgsrc/pkgtools/cwrappers
  $ bmake clean; bmake install

then if that works go through the differences until you find what's
causing the problem.  Change /usr/pkg if you used a different --prefix
argument to ./bootstrap