Re: Imake on Solaris 11.2/sparc

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 01:12:43PM +0200, J?rn Clausen wrote:
 > >I just started using pkgsrc on Solaris 11.2/sparc. I have problems
 > >compiling packages that use Imake, e.g. xdu or xv.
 > >
 > >Linking fails with
 > >
 > >ld: fatal: /usr/lib/ld/map.noexdata: 29: error: SPARC Procedure Linkage
 > >Table (PLT) must remain executable
 >
 > FWIW: After replacing tradcpp with cpp from GCC 4.7.5 in devel/imake, I can
 > compile the problematic packages. I checked on Solaris/i86, that
 > compilation there still works. I see some (more) errors and warnings while
 > building the packages, but they were quite noisy before anyway.

Urgh... there is, unfortunately, a reason we need tradcpp for imake :(

I will look into it when I can but that probably won't be for at least
another week.

I also think it's time I went and strongarmed imake into providing a
template debugging mode. Or something. That or spend the time needed
to banish imake from pkgsrc.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost