Re: Hot to get net/dhcpcd-gtk to remember passwords?

On 10 November 2015 at 16:13, Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 10/11/2015 09:39, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>> I installed dhcpcd-gtk as a replacement to wpa_gui. It works quite
>> well. Every time I add a new access points, it records it into
>> /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.
>>
>> However I can't get it to remember wifi passwords. Is this by default?
>
> dhcpcd doesn't do anything with passwords other than tell wpa_supplicant
> that a SSID has a specific password.
>
>> If dhcpcd-gtk can write to wpa_supplicant.conf, why can't it also read from it?
>
> It doesn't need to.
> wpa_supplicant will pick which network to connect to.
>
> If you instruct dhcpcd to connect to a network and a password is by the
> network then a password box will appear.
> You can enter a new password, which dhcpcd will write to wpa_supplicant
> or you can leave it blank and wpa_supplicant will use one configured in
> the network block for it.
>
> Does this make sense? Does it now work for you?

It does work now. For some reason I was getting "No such file or
directory" even when selecting a network for which a password was
already configured.

I have recreated a brand new wpa_supplicant.conf and, fingers crossed,
it seems to work now as expected.

Thank you for your help.

--
Ottavio