Re: pkg-config doesn't find stuff when trying to create my own pkgsrc lldpd package

You should be using libevent's buildlink3.mk, but it looks like you did.
It's possible that the pkgconfig file isn't getting included.  Look in
your work directory at the buildlink3 shadow tree.  You will also find a
bunch of log files about which files from which package were included.
Basically, I mean to look at *everything* under work/ (including files
starting with .)  and try to understand them, at least for a minute
each.  Also, set PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL (to 1, 2, or maybe even 3) and save the
log and look over it.

Also, you may want to put your package in wip; I find it easier to look
at things there than via email.