Re: pkg-config doesn't find stuff when trying to create my own pkgsrc lldpd package

On 28 April 2013 09:06, Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> wrote:
> make clean and try again? (Guessing that you edited the Makefile and typed
> make?)
>
> You should see /usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig/libevent.pc
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

I always do make clean after doing any changes to the Makefile.

this is from config.log from work/lldpd-0.7.2:

ac_cv_env_PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR_
set=set
ac_cv_env_PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR_value=/usr/pkgsrc/net/lldpd/work/.buildlink/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/pkgsrc/net/lldpd/work/.buildlink/share/pkgconfig
ac_cv_env_PKG_CONFIG_PATH_set=set
ac_cv_env_PKG_CONFIG_PATH_value=
ac_cv_env_PKG_CONFIG_set=set
ac_cv_env_PKG_CONFIG_value=/usr/pkgsrc/net/lldpd/work/.tools/bin/pkg-config

seems like even though I have added needed buildlinks for libevent and
BUILD_DEPENDS for "check" PKG_CONFIG_PATH is not set. ALso can someone
clarify what does PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE do (it's set by url2pkg but I'm
not using it atm).

Regards,
--
Bartek Krawczyk