Re: pkg-config doesn't find stuff when trying to create my own pkgsrc lldpd package

After correcting buildlink order now configure correctly detects
readline, That's progress. But it still doesn't detect libevent and
check.
When i use pkg-tool from work/.tools/bin I get:
/pkg-config --libs libevent
Package libevent was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libevent.pc'
No package 'libevent' found

but when I use pkg-config from /usr/pkg/bin:
pkg-config --libs libevent
-L/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -levent

strange...

Also, what does PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE variable mean? url2pkg sets these:

PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    libevent/libevent.pc.in
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    libevent/libevent_openssl.pc.in
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    libevent/libevent_pthreads.pc.in
PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE+=    src/lib/lldpctl.pc.in

but it doesn't change anything.

So now my Makefile is as attached but I still get:
checking for CHECK... no
checking for LIBEVENT... no
configure: using shipped libevent

PS. Is it better to use buildlink or BUILD_DEPENDS or DEPENDS ?
Regards,
--
Bartek Krawczyk
network and system administrator