RE: pkg_add question

Adding +BUILD_INFO works nicely. Thanks a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Perkin []
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 1:50 PM
To: Ss, Sivakumar
Subject: Re: pkg_add question

* On 2013-01-07 at 06:57 GMT, wrote:

> I am trying to create a package to be used in NetBSD (5.1) but without
> using pkg_create.  I added +CONTENTS, +COMMENT & +DESC files in
> addition to files in a directory and make a tar of them. This is done
> from a Linux build machine using cross compilers.  When I try to add
> it using 'pkg_add' command,  I get the following error.
> Pkg_add: Not all build information are present.
> Man page of pkg_add does not help much as to pin point what is
> missing.

If your reason for not using pkg_create is simply because you are
cross-compiling, you may find one of my blog posts helpful:

Ignore that it mentions SmartOS in the title, the instructions are generic for
pkgsrc, but are targeted for SmartOS installations - you should be able to
tweak the paths to make it work.

Jonathan Perkin  -  Joyent, Inc.  -