pkg_add question

Hello.

I am trying to create a package to be used in NetBSD (5.1) but without using pkg_create.

I added +CONTENTS, +COMMENT & +DESC files in addition to files in a directory and make a tar of them. This is done from a Linux build machine using cross compilers.

When I try to add it using ‘pkg_add’ command,  I get the following error.

Pkg_add: Not all build information are present.

Man page of pkg_add does not help much as to pin point what is missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am a newbie in NetBSD, so please expand on your help.

-Siva