Re: pkgsrc/mail/sendmail anomalies

Le 20/12/12 15:21, Greg Troxel a écrit :

I don't think this can be fixed upstream because
   a) I suspect they don't want to encode preferences for 20 operating
   systems.
   b) VARBASE can change

See mailwrapper(1).
I don't think it's confused, but it may not be right.

for a) I was thinking more along the lines to get compile time support for the defaults using devtool/site.config.m4 values.. taking care of b) at the same time (which is, as far as I know, a build time variable)

concerning mailwrapper, at first sounded ok, but doesn't build on illumos:

===> Building for mailwrapper-19990412nb4
gcc -O -I/opt/pkg/include -I/usr/include -Werror -DHAVE_NBCOMPAT_H=1 -I/tmp/pkgsrc/mail/mailwrapper/work/libnbcompat -I/opt/pkg/include -I/usr/include -I. -Wall -c fparseln.c
In file included from fparseln.c:40:0:
./util.h:40:24: fatal error: sys/ttycom.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
*** Error code 1

After scratching my head a bit, it seems prone to error installing in ${PREFIX}/... and have files in ${VARBASE} and yet depend upon the default system's binaries to figure it out... (I notice that there is no run-time dependency on mailwrapper)... perhaps better in this case to correct this.