Re: Delete some p5- packages

On 2/10/2012 6:30 PM, Jens Rehsack wrote:
On 30.09.2012 06:17, David Holland wrote:
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 11:52:40AM +1000, Ian McWilliam wrote:
  > > Part of the motivation to remove it is that the package stopped
  > > building after the last round of infrastructure cleanup.
  > >
  > > [snip]
  > >
  > > If you can fix this, there's no pressing reason to remove it. (And if
  > > you can't, it won't do you much good anyway.)
  > >
  > > I don't know what it entails (I don't do perl) but I have the
  > > impression it basically amounts to "routine maintenance neglected
  > > upstream".
  >
  > Interesting. I'm not seeing that on MacOS X.
  >
  > [snip]

Assuming your tree is up to date, I have no idea why... hopefully one
of the Perl guys can help.

This is the context:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2012/09/03/msg077854.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2012/09/11/msg078197.html
It's because he has installed devel/p5-Module-Install. But it is pita
doing this as a build requirement, because our devel/p5-Module-Install
is tailored for author requirements not for build requirements.

It would be easy to "repair" the build of this package by undoing the
infrastructure cleanup and marking the exception. But it's not a fix.

I would prefer Ian would take care upstream, contact the current
author on CPAN, receive permission to upload fixes and provide an
upstream fixed version.

I hereby promise that I would support Ian doing the right thing
(tm) by answering question in irc.perl.org/#perl-help or #toolchain
regarding that issue and I will try to support him getting the right
contacts.

I started my CPAN career the same way for SQL::Statement an meanwhile
I have a number of modules there and develop the embedded database
drivers in DBI - and maintain a lot of p5-* packages in pkgsrc.

Join us, Ian :)

/Jens

So what is Module::Install::Bundled and where does it come from? Looking at lang/perl5/module.mk isn't telling me a great deal about it.

Ian McWilliam