Re: Delete some p5- packages

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 09:30:17PM +1000, Ian McWilliam wrote:
 > textproc/p5-PDF-API2-Simple - broken upstream since years and not
 >   actively maintained
 > Commercial projects I work on use this, though I do have my own
 > port of it somewhere as I used it before it was officially imported
 > into pkgsrc, so in a pinch I could resurrect that again if it goes
 > away.

Part of the motivation to remove it is that the package stopped
building after the last round of infrastructure cleanup.

=> Checking for portability problems in extracted files
Can't locate inc/Module/ in @INC (@INC contains:
/home/pkgbulk/b/pkg/lib/perl5/5.14.0 .) at Makefile.PL line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 1.

If you can fix this, there's no pressing reason to remove it. (And if
you can't, it won't do you much good anyway.)

I don't know what it entails (I don't do perl) but I have the
impression it basically amounts to "routine maintenance neglected

David A. Holland