Re: Pkgsrc fails to use system compiler if locale is set

Am 2012-07-16 17:56, schrieb Emmanuel Kasper:

On my (Ubuntu Linux 12.04, gcc-4.6, pkgsrc-2012Q2), I noticed that many
many programms, but not all, where trying to force me to boostrap gcc-3
although I had a perfectly working compiler.

I pinpointed the problem to all makefiles which contains

After some research I found this mail
which mentions setting LC_ALL=C.

I did that and suddenly pkgsrc started to use my system compiler.

Posting here in case somehow is hit as well.

I found out I can also add

in mk.conf to fix the problem.

PKGSRC_SETENV=    ${SETENV} -i by itself is not enough