My posting never showed up

I subscribed to this list last week and posted a problem regarding a
serious descrepancy between versions of binary packages for 5.2.1 and
of sources. The posting has not shown up on the list index yet.

This has resulted in various libraries already being installed, along
with dependent packages, which conflict with versions which are built
when I compile other packages from sources. I want to avoid a complete
re-installation, but this may be necessary.

The first thing is, is this going to show up on the list?

That's why you have a UNIX or Linux or BSD server for backups.