Re: Unprivileged pkgsrc and multiple mk.conf files

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 02:42:35AM +0100, Gerard Lally wrote:
 > Sometimes the
 > documentation is very frustrating. Too many assumptions are made in
 > the pkgsrc guide which not everybody is able to understand. As I
 > follow these mailing lists to the best of my ability I marvel at
 > the work done by NetBSD developers and others but I do think the
 > gaping holes in the documentation and wiki *urgently* need to be
 > addressed. I am not the first person to need clear instructions how
 > to use pkgsrc as an unprivileged user.

Can you suggest specific things that are missing, or places where too
many assumptions are made? Or is it that there should be an overview
and you didn't find one at the right level?

It is hard for the pkgsrc developers to spot these sorts of problems
as they/we already know how it works.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost