Re: Is anyone working on SUA (formerly Interix)

On 4 June 2012 05:15, Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I'm stuck in Windows way too often these days, so I've been playing
> around with it.
>
> Right now, I kinda want my 'administrator' to be root. ;-)
> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/7417-built-administrator-account-change-name.html
>
> Honestly, working with windows can be quite painful, but, oh well,
> when in Rome ...

You could create local 'root' user and add him to the local
Administrators group.

BTW SUA is being deprecated - W8 will be the last one to have it.

I also tend to install SUA on every Windows box I use regularly,
together with, say,
ftp://ftp.interopsystems.com/pkgs/bundles/pkg-current-bundlecomplete60x64.exe
. or from http://www.suacommunity.com/tool_warehouse.aspx . I've done
a few times pkgsrc bootstrap under Windows, but nowadays I tend to run
xBSD or Solaris either in some VM or multiboot.

> Anyone else using it or developing it?
>
> Regards,
>
> --Blair

Chavdar