Re: libfontenc build failure

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:17:54PM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> In message <alpine.NEB.2.01.1206050757170.2887%t1.m.reedmedia.net@localhost>
>       on Tue, 5 Jun 2012 08:10:58 -0500 (CDT),

> >> I have the same on 5.99.51/amd64. This is a shell syntax problem in
> >> all the Xorg libs, including libX11, libXext and so on. The workaround
> >> that I found is to install mksh and set CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/pkg/bin/mksh
> >> in mk.conf.
> There is a line in configure (suppress space start of line):
>
> cacheid=`$as_echo xorg_cv_cc_flag_-errwarn=E_NO_EXPLICIT_TYPE_GIVEN
> -errwarn=E_NO_IMPLICIT_DECL_ALLOWED`
>
> Change this line to below seems solve the problem.
>
> cacheid=`$as_echo "xorg_cv_cc_flag_-errwarn=E_NO_EXPLICIT_TYPE_GIVEN
> -errwarn=E_NO_IMPLICIT_DECL_ALLOWED"`

I've committed this change as a patch to libfontenc. Can someone who
was affected by the breakage please confirm that this fixes the
problem?

I know about similar issues in libICE and libXau, which I can fix once
it's confirmed working (probably more, let me know).

> > Found in everything means it uses the standard macros.  Here it is:
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/macros/tree/xorg-macros.m4.in
> Real fix should be add above quote to this macro?

reed, IIRC you have commit access to xorg; can you please change the
macro to be two calls instead of one, so we don't get new occurrences
of this problem in the future?

Thanks,
 Thomas