Re: libfontenc build failure

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> up to date pkgsrc head, recent netbsd-5, i386, all depending packages up
> to date (via pkg_rr):
>
> checking if cc -std=gnu99 supports -Wredundant-decls... yes
> checking if cc -std=gnu99 supports -Werror=implicit... no
> checking if cc -std=gnu99 supports -errwarn=E_NO_EXPLICIT_TYPE_GIVEN
> -errwarn=E_NO_IMPLICIT_DECL_ALLOWED... eval: 1: Syntax error: Bad substitution
> *** Error code 2

I have the same on 5.99.51/amd64. This is a shell syntax problem in
all the Xorg libs, including libX11, libXext and so on. The workaround
that I found is to install mksh and set CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/pkg/bin/mksh
in mk.conf.

--Benny.

--
The first essential in chemistry is that you should perform practical
work and conduct experiments, for he who performs not practical work