Re: libfontenc build failure

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, Benny Siegert wrote:

> > checking if cc -std=gnu99 supports -Wredundant-decls... yes
> > checking if cc -std=gnu99 supports -Werror=implicit... no
> > checking if cc -std=gnu99 supports -errwarn=E_NO_EXPLICIT_TYPE_GIVEN
> > -errwarn=E_NO_IMPLICIT_DECL_ALLOWED... eval: 1: Syntax error: Bad
> > substitution
> > *** Error code 2
>
> I have the same on 5.99.51/amd64. This is a shell syntax problem in
> all the Xorg libs, including libX11, libXext and so on. The workaround
> that I found is to install mksh and set CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/pkg/bin/mksh
> in mk.conf.

Found in everything means it uses the standard macros.  Here it is:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/macros/tree/xorg-macros.m4.in

Looks like was added in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/macros/commit/xorg-macros.m4.in?id=b8a13e531db208a7c4c9a43b74b196104e7c66ed

I don't see it reported in upstream bug queue yet.