hplip new in main pkgsrc: special considerations needed?

I see, following pkgsrc changes daily, hplip has been added, imported from
pkgsrc-wip.

Are there any special considerations needed regarding kernel config and modules
needed for hplip to work on a USB HP LaserJet?  Like disabling ulpt?

This LaserJet also has Ethernet connection.

I might want to try to build this package for NetBSD or possibly FreeBSD.

I have FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE on new computer, but that has taken my time away from
trying to build and install NetBSD (5.1_STABLE or the newest on 6 or HEAD)
after last summer's ill luck prior to the release of FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1.

I would try to build NetBSD amd64 from FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE, could also use an
old semifunctional USB-stick install of 5.1_STABLE amd64 from
nyftp.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi last summer; would then try to build Xorg
from pkgsrc either from FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE or the new NetBSD installation
without GUI.

Tom