Re: PostgreSQL 9.1 build failure

On 04/02/12 05:20, Havard Eidnes wrote:
What I'd do is to save the compiler invocation to a file, replace
"-c -o command.o" with "-E -dD", and pipe the result of running
this into less.  It should then be somewhat easier to see what
the compiler is really trying to compile at that point, and if it
is an unexpected macro expansion, to find where e.g. "Function"
is defined elsewhere.  "Function" due to line 34 in my
rltypedefs.h being

typedef int Function ();

No extra expansion there but I did find the problem.  A few lines
above that one is this one:

xxx

Looks like something I put in as a test once and forgot to remove.
I probably wanted to prove that a #define block was being read by
making it crash if it was reached.  Mission accomplished I guess.

Thanks.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost