python packages

If I have a package which depends on py-xdg, presumably I should just
.include "../../devel/py-xdg/buildlink3.mk"
in the same way as other dependencies, or is it different for python?
(There is no buildlink file in py-xdg)

If I have an (unrelated) python "package" which really is just a single
python script, is all the lang/python/{extension,application} machinery
necessary, if only to get REPLACE_PYTHON to work?

Cheers,

Patrick