Re: wip/libreoffice or misc/openoffice?

On 30 Nov 2011 at 12:21, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 04:05:24PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > My impression is, pkg tools download "up-to" the size declared in package
> > information. Hence the size matches. The initial part becomes html perhaps
> > because some "choose-mirror" dialog might be followed by actual file on
> > the same http request - just a guess.
> >
> > Last time I faced this issue, I logged a PR. However the maintainers were
> > not able to reproduce the issue. So they closed it. May be the mirror
> > selection is so dynamic that not everyone and not every time is one likely
> > to face the issue.
>
> If you have download problems, try setting FAILOVER_FETCH:
> # make help topic=FAILOVER_FETCH
> ===> mk/defaults/mk.conf (keywords: FAILOVER_FETCH):
> #FAILOVER_FETCH=
> # Perform a checksum at "make fetch" time.  If the checksum doesn't
> # match the stored value, try to retrieve the file from the next site
> # in the list
> # Possible:  defined, not defined
> # Default: not defined
>
> Hope this helps,
>  Thomas

I might try that but it's not a very big issue. I had just
over 10 build failures out of > 1800 and only a proportion
of those 10 were due to corrupt files being downloaded. I
switch to manual download for those few.

Some sites require confirmation of accepting licence before
download starts, some others have been parked and there is
a html page to this effect along with advertising, but the
worst are where the bogus file is the exact same length and
wastes my download allowance.

David