Re: wip/libreoffice or misc/openoffice?

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 05:49:10AM -0000, David Lord wrote:
> > I built OO yesterday. Only issue I faced was the downloaded distfiles were
> > corrupt. They had initial html text followed by binary tarball. Bad...
>
> I've had a few of those corrupt downloads, some being
> exact size of wanted distfile and others being web pages.
> Either way it's a build failure and I'll then try master
> site or netbsd.org.

Same thing here. I faced this issue with 2 packages till now.

My impression is, pkg tools download "up-to" the size declared in package
information. Hence the size matches. The initial part becomes html perhaps
because some "choose-mirror" dialog might be followed by actual file on
the same http request - just a guess.

Last time I faced this issue, I logged a PR. However the maintainers were
not able to reproduce the issue. So they closed it. May be the mirror
selection is so dynamic that not everyone and not every time is one likely
to face the issue.

(I am marking cc to pkgsrc list. Hope this is ok.)

Mayuresh.