Re: print/ghostscript - "cups" option shouldn't be default?

On Fri, 20 May 2011 09:19:09 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
> I think the problem is that ghsotcript, when compiled with cups support,
> not only has a few extra programs, which would be fine, but depends on
> cups.

Is it a real dependency?  Perhaps we can simply remove the DEPENDS from
ghostscript, enable cups support and simply make cups depend on
ghostscript.  If ghostscript will actually build without cups installed
then we don't care if it is.  If someone wants GS they can install that
and get the seven support files for cups and if they want cups they can
install that and know that ghostscript will be there with the required
support whether it is already there or built as a dependency of cups.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/