Re: [HEADSUP] Removing vulnerable packages

Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks%liverpool.ac.uk@localhost> wrote:
> AFAIK, adobe-flash-plugin-10.0.0.525 is the only flash plugin available which
> will work on NetBSD.  Removing it is going to force many of us who use NetBSD
> desktops to switch to Linux.  My understanding is that newer versions of
> flash require linux emulation to be brought up to date.

That's partially true for released versions of NetBSD, but even for
them, there still is multimedia/ns-flash, which I would recommend
anyway, because it's a version still supported by Adobe, while
multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin is not, very old and full of known
security vulnerabilities.

For the absolutely latest version of the Flash plugin, you would
have to upgrade to NetBSD-current, which has the updated Linux
emulation you mentioned.

HTH,

Dennis den Brok