Re: HEADS UP: Options of "apache22" package changed

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 02:05:30PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
  | On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 05:22:08PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
  | > On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 08:22:12AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
  | >  > Summary of offlist discussion:
  | >  > [...]
  | >
  | > I think, though, that this needs a bigger heads-up than a single
  | > mailing list posting; perhaps a MESSAGE?
  | That probably makes sense. Any suggestion for the wording?

[I'm not on these lists; please keep in CC]

Hi Matthias,

This issue bit me on the weekend after I upgraded from 2.2.15 -> 2.2.16,
and I found this thread after some research.

I propose the following attached file for the MESSAGE for apache22.

As of Apache 2.2.16, all Apache modules will be built as shared
modules instead of being statically compiled into Apache.

If upgrading from a previous version of Apache, you will need to
add "LoadModule" directives to the your Apache configuration
otherwise you may experience problems.

See ${PREFIX}/share/examples/httpd/httpd.conf for a list of
"LoadModule" directives to be added to ${PREFIX}/etc/httpd/httpd.conf
that should restore the previous behaviour.