Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/pari

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Jens Rehsack
<rehsack%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On 02/15/10 18:42, Amitai Schlair wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Amitai Schlair<schmonz%schmonz.com@localhost>
>>  wrote:

>>> Thanks for looking after this, p5-Math-Pari was really a mess before.
>>> Needing X11 is a regression, though, at least for my usage:
>>> p5-Net-OpenID-Consumer pulls in p5-Math-Pari (via p5-Crypt-DH) and now
>>> this causes my ikiwiki servers to need X, which they haven't got. Any
>>> way the X11 bit can also be made optional?
>>
>> The following patch to make x11 optional works for me on my systems
>> without X. Can you test with X and commit if I didn't break anything?
>>
>> http://www.netbsd.org/~schmonz/pari-nox11.diff
>
> I will from now ignore all mails (including this one) which are not cc'ed
> pkgsrc-users@ or PR. I want the community be informed, because I'm not
> maintaining math/pari - I just did an update!

Ah, so that's why you had replied to my private mails in a public
forum. That could be considered rude, and I hadn't understood why you
did it until now. I still don't understand what I did to deserve this
unfriendly attitude from you. Whatever it was, I apologize.

Your update, while needed, introduced at least one seriously
regression in usability. I'm not asking you to act like the package
maintainer, merely to take responsibility for fallout from your
commit. And I attached a patch. Please consider being more receptive
to this sort of thing in the future.

- Amitai