Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/pari

    Date:        Tue, 09 Feb 2010 07:38:34 +0000
    From:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack%googlemail.com@localhost>

  | I discussed that with some people before who responded to my initial review
  | request on pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org.@localhost tex is a build dependency
which is
  | required to build the documentation for pari.

For what it is worth, it is a build dependency that is missing something.
For me, the build of pari fails (well, complains) that the file tex.fmt cannot
be found (something like:

        kpathsea: Running mktexfmt tex.fmt
        I can't find the format file 'tex.fmt'!
        *** Error code 1

That happens a few times during the pari build.  The errors don't
abort the build, however,  4 .dvi files, and one .ps file fail to
get built because of this (I presume), and that causes PLIST errors.

I was going to file a PR once I eventually made sure I had everything
else correctly up to date and the error continued happening, but perhaps
this will do instead...

kre

ps: I build in a sandbox that starts empty - nothing at all that matters
will be installed, beyond NetBSD 4.0 release sets, and updated pkgtools.
Anything needed after that has to be listed as a dependency, or it isn't
there - I'm guessing (not yet investigated) that the tex reorganisation
has changed what's needed, or something like that.