RE: pkgsrc on Solaris - coexisting with already installed software

> Ok, I'll grant you, that coexisting with optional locally hand-built
> software is unduly hard. But to rebuild your own versions of what comes
> with the OS is gratuitous, IMHO... OpenSSL, zlib, bzip2 all come with
> Solaris-8 and are of reasonably recent versions. Rebuilding these from
> pkgsrc should be an option...

That's when you hope and pray that someone has done a bulk build for your
platform already, so you can just grab binaries.  :)

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/SunOS/

But if you're still using Sol8, you might be out of luck.

Tim