Re: pkgsrc on Solaris - coexisting with already installed software

Thanks for the prompt reply, Alistair!

Alistair Crooks написав(ла):

> [...]
>> And it was not only the LIB_DEPENDS stuff -- gmake, that was already
>> available under /usr/local/bin, was rebuilt and installed under
>> /usr/pkg/bin as well only to build a dependency...
>>
>> Can this be avoided?
>>

> In the past, we've shied away from that kind of thing.  Yes, the
> software is there, but it may have config files which are not managed
> in the way pkgsrc expects, patches needed for pkgsrc use, dependencies
> which pkgsrc expects, or user addition in the same manner.  So we
> usually find it much easier to install our own version, managed by
> pkgsrc.

Oh, yes, of course -- I understand, why it is much easier your way, but,
perhaps, it is still possible (such as through a few variables set here
and there) -- with all the customary warnings -- to do it the harder
way? It would be a lot easier for me to gradually switch over to
pkgsrc-provided builds, than to bit the bullet and switch all at once, I
think...
> Check out pkgsrc/pkgtools/gensolpkg, and pkgsrc/pkgtools/genrpm. Although
> I'm not sure if time has been kind to either of them.

Thanks, I shall!
>       .if exists(${LOCALBASE}/bin/sudo)
>       SU_CMD=        ${LOCALBASE}/bin/sudo /bin/sh -c
>       .endif
Is sudo Kerberos-aware? Thanks,

    -mi