emacs 23.1

Emacs 23.1 (gtk) from pkgsrc seems to have the same or similar to on
NetBSD as well. from this morning works fine (the obvious
check to see if you have the problem is to run M-x shell and see if
the shell pull-down menus work - they appear empty). I patched the
package, but left out the bits in the patches related to the mips
port, as I don't use it, therefore I haven't attached the patch.

Pkgsrc is -current from a week or so ago; the system is

$ uname -a
NetBSD loan8 5.99.22 NetBSD 5.99.22 (GENERIC) #4: Thu Nov 12 16:54:51
GMT 2009  root@uksup2:/usr/obj/usr-current/i386/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC

Chavdar Ivanov
Ogden Nash  - "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up,
it's always a cat." -