Re: Real life use of pkgsrc from a happy user

* On 2009-09-10 at 09:34 BST, Hasso Tepper wrote:

> And in fact I agree - why the hell all upgrade methods from binary
> packages remove packages at first?

The bulk build && pkg_chk upgrade method which many people use does not
suffer from this.  I think we should push this method much more.

> There is a lot to do to make pkgsrc really usable from nowadays
> standards point of view.

Absolutely agreed.  The first thing we should do is provide binary
packages so that regular users don't _have_ to do source upgrades and hit
all these problems.

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/