problems compiling python25 on Solaris 10 amd64

I'm trying to install git from latest pkgsrc source tarball (bootstrap and everything built with Sun Studio 12 compiler and -m64 compiler/ linker flags). Python is apparently a dependency of something and it's blowing up on the compile. It looks like something in Python is trying to compile in 32-bit, despite my best efforts to prevent that. Here's the error:

ld: fatal: file Modules/_typesmodule.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to libpython2.5.so.1.0
ln: cannot access libpython2.5.so.1.0
*** Error code 2

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /var/pkgsrc/lang/python25/work/Python-2.5.2
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /var/pkgsrc/lang/python25
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /var/pkgsrc/lang/python25
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /var/pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /var/pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-docs
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /var/pkgsrc/devel/scmgit

I'm on Solaris 10 u6 on an amd64 and pkgsrc 2009Q1 built from source tarball.

Any ideas on what I need to tweak to get this working with everything in 64-bit mode? I need Apache in 64-bit for the increased throughout I saw on my benchmark tests (proxying a Java app server), so I have to compile everything with the 64-bit flags.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
Portal Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.