Re: www/firefox3: font rendering regression with 3.0.9

Rhialto --> pkgsrc-users (2009-04-29 20:17:26 +0200):
> In case it makes a difference, I have tried to enable subpixel rendering
> on the pkgsrc freetype, but I have never seen any visible effect. Maybe
> this *is* the effect...
>
> PKG_OPTIONS.freetype2 += truetype subpixel

I don't think so.  Those options have been in my mk.conf for several
months now, but the problem only showed up after the most recent rebuild
of pkgsrc packages.  Furthermore Firefox 3.0.7 still renders fine on a
system with a freetype2 library built with those options set.

Regards, Jukka

--
This email fills a much-needed gap in the archives.