Re: rtorrent & xmlrpc

On 30 Mar 2008, at 16:22, Gergo Szakal wrote:
Has anyone considered building rtorrent with xmlrpc support or at least
adding an option for it?

Yes, I've tried. The problem is that it requires a newer version of "xmlrpc-c" than the one which is currently in "pkgsrc". I tried updating the package
and failed because "xmlrpc-c"'s build system is a mess. It is so broken
that I haven't even managed to get the current version to build under
Mac OS X, see PR pkg/38071.

If somebody sorts out the "xmlrpc-c" package I will add "xmlrpc" support to
the "rtorrent" package.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/