Re: issues with newer intel CPUs?

    Date:        Wed, 03 Jul 2024 09:11:28 -0400
    From:        Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>

  | But, I wanted to ask: has anybody run on a 12th gen i7 or similar, and
  | is this "works fine" or is it "run screaming"?

Of the replies you've already received, I have what might be the
closest to what you suggested:

cpu0: "12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KS"
cpu0: Intel 12th gen Core (Alder Lake) (686-class), 3417.60 MHz

I've had it more than 2 years now (since it was a very new processor)
and it has run NetBSD all of that time (started on 9.99.97).

You're right about the scheduler not understanding the capacity of
the different cores ("performance" - which on mine at least, aren't all
the same, quite, and "economy"), but overall it all works just fine.

Still no support for Alder Lake GPU (no accelerated support anyway),
I don't think, I'm currently using an (oldish) nvidia card.

You want plenty of RAM, and as much NVME as you can cram onto the motherboard.

kre