Re: strange issues with building ArcticFox - full rebuilds everytime

On Tue, 18 Jun 2024, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

RVP wrote:

 OK. I have the cause and a workaround. You can do a proper fix based on
 it:

 It's the NetBSD shell, /bin/sh (and also /bin/ksh). On NetBSD's /bin/sh:

         LINENO RANDOM SECONDS START_TIME ToD

 change every time you do a `set' and so these will be different for every
 run of `mach build'. This is enough to cause a full rebuild. NetBSD's
 /bin/ksh has RANDOM and SECONDS.

Where is this code? mach? make? configure?
Can it be fixed?

I didn't back-track all the way--I stopped when I figured out what was causing
the full rebuild, but, I think, at least, these need to be looked into:

Arctic-Fox-master/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/mozconfig_loader: lines 60 onwards.

Arctic-Fox-master/build/moz.configure/init.configure:329
Arctic-Fox-master/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/mozconfig.py:229

Initialize `shell' from $SHELL instead of using `sh'.

HTH,

-RVP