Re: strange issues with building ArcticFox - full rebuilds everytime

Hi,

RVP wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jun 2024, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

I tried to compile both the 44.0 release and the latest source, and while the build didn't get to the compile stage, rerunning `mach build' after it fails the first time doesn't trigger configure at all on my setup. Error log for the 2nd run attached (owing probably to some missing dependency which was not checked for; everything that `mach build' complained about, I installed from
binary packages).

I had a look at the error, I don't think you have a dependency issue, but more of a configuration issue. something is enabled that doesn't build. ArcticFox has a package so pkgsrc sure has a valid mozconfig and dependency list.

Check that in your mozconfig you disabled eme (not supported at all) and webrtrc (not building on NetBSD last time I tried).
ac_add_options --disable-mozril-geoloc
ac_add_options --disable-webrtc
ac_add_options --disable-safe-browsing
ac_add_options --disable-parental-controls
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
ac_add_options --disable-eme
ac_add_options --disable-gamepad
ac_add_options --disable-dbus
ac_add_options --disable-gio
ac_add_options --disable-pulseaudio

is what I disable when doing builds usually.

Still, as you write, it is not relevant to the build errors.

If I do a `mach clobber', then confgure is, of course, re-run on the next
`mach build'.

of course that is just a move-aside, delete and start from scratch. it is expected.

Riccardo