Re: pkg_rolling-replace and mismatched version

Hi,

Greg Troxel wrote:
Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> writes:

sudo pkg_add -v /usr/packages/All/perl-5.38.2.tgz
pkg_add: no pkg found for '/usr/packages/All/perl-5.38.2.tgz', sorry.
pkg_add: 1 package addition failed

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   18M May 17 18:32 perl-5.38.2.tgz
run "tar tfvz" on it and see what's inside.

The archive is corrupted... not a valid tar file. That's not good.... I wonder if these SS4 and SS20 have stability issues.
I removed the binary file, it will be rebuilt.

Check that you have only one PKG_DBDIR (/usr/pkg/pkgdb, and not
/var/db/pkg).

I am pretty convinced that something is wrong with your system.

I have both. Strange. I migrated all by boxen back then.

I did some scary now:
sudo rm -rf /var/db/pkg*
sudo rm -rf /usr/pkg

and I hope this is enough to start over make-installing each package from scratch. I will also discard binary packages created on this system for safety, since it could be inconsistent.

Riccardo