Re: WireGuard setup in NetBSD 10

• Martin Husemann [2024-01-18 09:46]:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 09:27:59AM +0100, Kirill Miazine wrote:
> >
> > Yet for some reason mine isn't being picked up -- even if I use wg0 instead of wg1.
>
> Oh, sorry - I forgot the obvious part: you need to make sure your kernel
> has wg(4) support - it is not part of GENERIC on most architectures currently.

WireGuard is working and packetgs are flowing -- the "problem" is that
it is not enough to have /etc/ifconfig.wgN to have the system create and
configure wgN:

I was reading ifconfig.if(5) and also /etc/rc.d/network, and my
conclusion was that I had to use net_interfaces, as wgN wouldn't be
among the interfaces present on the system and would either have to be
created first or specified in net_interfaces.

> You can either add it (I have it in GENERIC.local in my config dir) or make
> sure the module is loaded (by adding if_wg.kmod to /etc/modules.conf).

Does your custom kernel provide some wg devices initially?

> You can check it is in-kernel by something like:
>
>   modstat | fgrep wg

# modstat |fgrep wg
if_wg                      driver   filesys  a        0   24676 sodium,blake2s

--
    -- Kirill Miazine <km%krot.org@localhost>