Re: hello

hello ,thanks for your answer,I hope there are a few people on this list,it would be nice to talk

about unix,I used it a long time ago (20 years) on a vax,it is the reason why I have bought the walnut creek

cd-rom at that time,but after the machine did not work,so I used it no more ,instead I sometimes used a small pc with linux ubuntu.

for lots of programming jobs.

The pc I used to install net-bsd is not from1992 but from 1998 ,I have found a few documents in its bag

dated from that period.The cd rom is the same year.

During the installation I had no difficulty,but I noticed that there is  no way to choose the keyboard,so everything ended up with

an azerty pc (I am french),with a querty keymap, It is not very pleasant ,I did not find the way to change the keymap,so I

physically modified the position of the keys,and wrote on a few of them,I have now a qwerty machine ,that is probably rather rare

in france :-))),one another difficulty is that there is no 'adduser' procedure ,I had to use the old  way:vipw+create a user directory

and modify the protections and owner of files,a third difficulty is that there is no f77,it is not a problem,I use c. My companion books are now

"the unix programming environment" and "the unix system",I was fortunate to find  them in french,it is easier for my head becoming rather old!!!

here is summary of my adventures with this rather old system.

best regards to all

a.nierveze