Re: More re USB stick

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021, Bob Bernstein wrote:

dd if=NetBSD-7.0-amd64-install.img of=/dev/rsd0d bs=1m

That 'rsd0d' would appear to designate a partition.

I repeated the experiment, only using this command:

$ sudo dd if=NetBSD-9.99.88-amd64-install.img of=/dev/rsd0 bs=1m

...and had no success.

I'm following, more or less, this wiki page:

https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_install_netbsd_from_an_usb_memory_stick/

Yes, it is rather dated, but I wonder if I should follow what the page refers to as a "manual method," i.e. one which goes through fdisk and all the other steps needed to produce a usable ffs filesystem on the stick?

Thank you

--
"No matter how big the problem is, you can always run away from it."

                                 Dom Irrera